We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

BBC Internet Home Page

Abel
Resolved

Likes # 0

My internet home page is BBC. Just recently the small clock which appears top left of the page, seems to freeze when the page is opened. There are no other symptoms as everything else works perfectly. Has or is anyone else experiencing the same problem.

Abel

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Yes it is the same for me.

I do not have Java running so not sure if that could be the problem.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I only get the clock in IE10 in compatibility view but it does run ok. It works fine in Chrome.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Works using compatibility mode for me as well Woolwell.

Could not even see the clock Using IE10 until I used compatibility mode.

Like this post
Abel

Likes # 0

Thanks fellas! I'm still using IE9 so what does it need to be compatable with? The grey matter isn't helping me today so please remind me where I'll find 'compatability mode' for me to select

Abel

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

On the address bar just before the refresh symbol. But I suspect that it will not make a difference on IE9.

Like this post
Abel

Likes # 0

Thanks Woolwell, it does if fact make a difference, it's now working. 'Compatably View Settings' is in fact in Toolsw/Compatability View Settinga in IE9; just in case someone else might be searching.

Abel

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Swatch to release its own line of smartwatches to rival iWatch

IDG UK Sites

From the iPhone 6 to the iWatch and a new Apple TV we look at the products Apple is set to launch...

IDG UK Sites

Miranda July's Somebody app offers a very unusual take on messaging

IDG UK Sites

The 7 most ridiculous iPhone 6 rumours: what Apple WON'T reveal on 9 September