We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Firefox security - is it safe?

Terry Brown

Likes # 0

Running through the settings on Firefox, I opened the TOOLS tab and then the ADVANCED option

Scrolling down I come to : Government Root Certification Manager

This was for TAIWAN,and had the AUTHORIZATION to check my Emails, which I object to.- My emails are for my private use- not some government body to store.

I have un-clicked this option, and it does not seem to make a difference to downloading except that they download faster.

Are their other security checks you object to?.

Terry

Like this post
hiwatt

Likes # 0

@Terry Brown what button did you uncheck?I can only find goverment root certification authority/Taiwan GRCA and when I edit trust settings there are three boxes?

Like this post
muddypaws

Likes # 0

If you highlight the 'Taiwan' entry and click edit/trust--uncheck all three boxes.

Think that is what Terry Brown means. That's what I did.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Sony Xperia Z3 comparison: Lollipop phablet takes on KitKat flagship smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Free rocket & space sounds: NASA launches archive of interstellar audio on SoundCloud

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests, beautiful...