We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Problem with USB and mouse not working

exdragon

Likes # 0

Hi – can anyone help with this problem, please? I have Windows 7 with a Logitech wireless mouse and keyboard. Yesterday, the mouse stopped properly – after a couple of minutes of switching on my , the cursor stopped, then when I nudged it, it moved slightly before freezing. The keyboard wouldn’t respond either and the only way I could close down was to do a soft boot, which then started in safe mode, or shut down completely. The mouse works ok with the , once I’ve paired it using the Logitech unifying software.

I’ve tried the following: system restore (this stopped halfway through), changing all available batteries, safe mode, Malwarebytes, using different USB ports, uninstalling/reinstalling mouse/keyboard. I have several of the Logitech receivers and have tried all those too. I’ve also tried a USB mouse and keyboard but the same thing happens.

The USB ports look ok in Device Manager, but there’s a warning triangle next to the Coprocessor – does that have anything to do with the problem? I did Google it and one suggestion was to delete the driver and on reboot, it ‘should’ reappear but I’m not sure.

Something else odd: after one of the restarts, my Kaspersky vanished and MSE appeared (I’d downloaded it in preparation for Kaspersky running out next week, but hadn’t installed it yet) and one of my USB external drives, to which I had allocated a specific drive letter T, suddenly became K.

I think I have a problem and any help would be appreciated!

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

You could try this.

Click here

Kaspersky and MSE Doing a system restore would have changed your normal settings.You could always restore back to the when you changed it.

My Logitech receiver went last week it would only connect to the mouse and not the keyboard.

When you click to open your Unifyer click on Advanced and see if the mouse and keyboard is already on there.You could try unpairing both then try and pair them again using a different receiver or try clicking on check for updates.

A different receiver would work ok on my computer so it was obviously a receiver problem with mine.

For both to go at the same time is odd.

You could try the Logitech forum if you can not get it resolved on here.

Logitech Forum

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Maybe try deleting the driver first before trying the chipset update might save a lot of time.

While in device manager click on View and show hidden devices then open up plug and play and see if any yellow exclamation marks in there.

[ I’ve also tried a USB mouse and keyboard but the same thing happens.]

Looks like that may well be where your problem is if your usb is not working the receiver will not work.

Like this post
exdragon

Likes # 0

Thank you, the system was restored to just a couple of days ago. I've also already tried the unpair/pair bit and used different receivers. I'll try vewing the hidden devices,but it's likely that the cusor will freeze before I can open device manager.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Have you got a PS2 mouse or keyboard that you could try.

I would certainly delete the Coprocessor driver or try to update it.

If you delete it Microsoft should update it on the next reboot.

Then see if you still get the yellow exclamation mark with it,

Like this post
exdragon

Likes # 0

Hmm, just removed the USB card which was connected to the SATA drive on the Motherboard and so far, touch wood, things are working.

I did check the hidden devices and everything is there. I'll carry on working and see what happens...

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

exdragon

Ok at least you have it working and that's the main thing.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Evernote Skitch: the best way for creatives to doodle feedback