We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows XP won't update to SP3

jonem81

Likes # 0

Windows XP won't update to SP3. PC details: XP SP2 Home. 2002 SONY PCV-RS404, Pentium 4 CPU 3.00Ghz, 2.99 Ghz 1.GB Ram. I am on Internet Explorer 8. Also, Windows Update doesn't work despite me using the Microsoft Update Downloader. Otherwise the PC is OK. I just want to have the current software updated to enable other downloads to install. Having tried the advice from Microsoft to no avail, perhaps a forum member has an answer?

jonem81

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

As a matter of interest - How full is your hard Drive?

Like this post
jonem81

Likes # 0

wee eddie

Sorry I did not reply sooner - I don't always get forum replies in my inbox. Just spotted this when coming back to the forum. My old XP is partitioned into 2 directories. I had a total original space of 160GB, and it is now divided equally - 80/80, programs on C, and data on D. Fairly simple really. I've ended up with about 59 on C, and about the same on D. Because it is my 'old' PC, I am not too worried about SP3, and If I can, I might convert it to Windows 8. Thanks again for your response, I always reply if I receive the emails.

jonem81

Like this post
jonem81

Likes # 0

Fruit Bat /\0/\

woodchip

Thanks, both!

Would have replied sooner, but I just don't get the replies in my Inbox!

jonem81

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Apple's 2014 highlights: the most significant Apple news of 2014

IDG UK Sites

Watch this heartwarming Christmas short by Trunk for composer John Rutter

IDG UK Sites

Ultimate iOS 8 Tips: 35 awesome and advanced tips for using iOS 8 on iPhone and iPad