We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Java not in uninstall lists

VCR97
Resolved

Likes # 0

Java isn't in my Windows 7 uninstall list or in the Revo Uninstaller list. It is shown in Windows Explorer so I can delete it but that isn't a clean removal. Any ideas?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Are you certain that Java is installed?

Type Java in the start box and does the Java Control Panel appear?

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Might find it in Control panel.If it is the 64Bit version I don't think that you will get it on Revo.

You can download this which removes it.

Click here

Like this post
VCR97

Likes # 0

Thanks both. The Java control panel doesn't appear but Java is in C:\Program Files. [Not C:\Program Files(x86)] Can it be there if it isn't installed? I'll download the remover which might come in useful.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Try this Javatest which will show if Java is running. You may get a security warning.

Like this post  
VCR97

Likes # 0

That says that Java isn't working. Good. I'll forget about it. Thanks.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple shouldn't be blamed for exploitation in China and Indonesia