We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

windows 8 plus epson R300 printer

shwinglow

Likes # 0

I have a epson R300 cd/dvd printer that worked fine on my old XP computer, but I have just bought a new computer with windows 8 & I cant get it to work properly, the printer works OK, but it won't recognize the CD/DVD printer side - any ideas. I am told by epson support, that all the drives are in Win8 but they wont load - help, does this mean I have got to buy a new printer - my printer is connected via USB cable if however LPT1 port has been ticked by accident would this be part of the problem - any suggestions would be great - many thanks - shwing

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Go to Epson on line and see if they do supporting Drivers for Win8

PS if Win8 as drivers all you need do it connect the printer then go to Add Printer Wizard. In Printer Folder under start in XP, but it will still have the Wizard in 8 to load them. Check Control Panel

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

Looks as though it is available from the Epson site

Like this post
Lazarus The 2nd

Likes # 0

From onthelimit1's Link,

Windows 8 drivers for this product are installed automatically when you power-on and connect your printer to your Windows 8 computer.

Note: If the driver does not automatically install, please see our Manually Install Windows 8 Drivers page for step-by-step instructions.

Manually Install Windows 8 Drivers

Like this post
Newuser4165

Likes # 0

This is a quirky printer under win 7 when using the Print CD function.You could give this methos a try:- Download and install the Print CD software for Win7/8 from Epson. Run the software and prepare your CD/DVD label. Select the Print tab - you may get a message saying that No Driver is Installed.Just click OK and a second window will open. Click on the tab showing Manual Print. A third window will open showing your printer. Select Print.

See how you get on

Like this post
Newuser4165

Likes # 0

This is a quirky printer under Win 7 as well when using the Print CD function.You could give this method a try:- Download and install the Print CD software for Win7/8 from Epson. Run the software and prepare your CD/DVD label. Select the Print tab - you may get a message saying that No Driver is Installed.Just click OK and a second window will open. Click on the tab showing Manual Print. A third window will open showing your printer. Select Print.

See how you get on

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

The 13 most inspirational Tim Cook quotes