We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Identify Samsung Laptop RAM modules

shorty40

Likes # 0

Hi. Anyone out there able to help with being able to identify two Samsung laptop RAM modules I have, in particular the MHz rating of each? Both are 1GB modules and both read PC2-5300S-555-12-E3. One is made in Korea and reads M470T2953EZ3-CE6 0716, and the other is made in China and reads M470T2953CZ3-CE6 0650. Can you also tell me what the '0716' and '0650' mean, and can these RAM modules be used together in an upgrade? Many Thanks.

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

Google the M number and it comes up with this , so looks like 667 MHz. not sure what the numbers at the end are, though

Like this post
shorty40

Likes # 0

Cheers for the response, I did the same search and got the same results as you. However, when doing another google search on how to identify RAM modules, a site said that the numbers after the 'PC2-5300S' (namely 555) was the MHz rating, therefore both modules being 555Mhz. Can anyone confirm this is correct for me please? Thanks.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 review: Great if you like big, expensive phones

IDG UK Sites

Why Sony's PS4 2.0 update is every gamer's dream (well, mine at least)

IDG UK Sites

This Grolsch ad combines stop-motion & CG for majestic results

IDG UK Sites

Apple rumours and predictions for 2015: What to expect from Apple in 2015