We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

XP starts then very slow

eedcam

Likes # 0

For about a week now the Pc windows XPSP3 starts ok up to the screen background an all the icons ok but no Icons in the right hand bottom tray. Nothing works but after about 15mins all is ok . I have process lasso installed and the little cpu monitor does not appear until about 10 mins in then slowly starts to show some CPU movement then as said all is ok. Done a defrag and av scan nowt wrong bit apprehensive of mucking about with anything other than normal programmes any suggestions please

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Just a thought. I've been running Rapport on Vista, 7, XP and 8 with no problems. Lately just 8 and XP on a netbook. I'm wondering if something, or a program, is conflicting with this security app?

Have been using Avast, Malwarebytes, SAS, Spywareblaster on XP and OK. On the other OSs have ran AVG and/or Defender as alternatives and still ok. So I'm wondering if it is TR only that's causing this or is there a third party problem?

Simply uninstalling Rapport fixes the slow issue but why does it happen when Rapport worked before?

As I've said, just wondering what the real problem could be.

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

rdave - it is odd - I've also seen loads of computers where TR does not cause any problems. Still seems to me that they are using bank's customers to perfect their imperfect software!

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

onthelimit1 , that is one way of looking at it and possibly where the developers of Rapport are failing.

Look at it another way. Rapport encrypts your login and passwords effotlessly when working. As a matter of fact if it wasn't for the 'weekly report' I would have forgotten that it was installed. So it seems to me that something else is causing problems, using Rapport's program, or fighting it, to make it seem that it is Rapport that is causing the slowness of the OS. Uninstalling Rapport will make the OS run faster but why? What is making the encryption of passwords slow?

Like this post
eedcam

Likes # 0

Just had a reply from Trustee Seems there should have been an Update that fixes it but I never allow auto updates and they dont tell you an update is available this is their reply Thank you for sending us the logs. We are glad to inform you that the issue you've encountered with Rapport has been resolved in the latest configuration. The update should have taken place automatically, in order to confirm this please try manually checking for Rapport updates: 1. Open the Rapport console (Start > Programs > Trusteer Rapport > Rapport console)2. Click "More settings"3. Click "Check for updates"4. The update status should appear on the bottom in blue letters5. Restart your computer Please check if the issue recurs. Should the problem persist, we would be very interested in fixing it.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

eedcam , as I said, Rapport suppliers are slow to support their own software.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 release date, price, specs, new features: world's thinnest tablet also gets Touch ID

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Will Photoshop work with Yosemite? And will Illustrator, After Effects, Premiere Pro or the other A?......

IDG UK Sites

Should I upgrade from Mavericks to OS X 10.10 Yosemite? What you need to know before updating to...