We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

I cant copy and paste

laptopdunce

Likes # 0

Since clearing the ad.yieldmanager pop ups from my laptop with a very very long drawn out rigmarole with all sorts of programmes and alterations in the tools on IE, I now find that I cant copy and paste if I highlight something like a serial number on ebay for instance, this is a real pain as I use copy and paste alot, how can I get it back working again?? thanks LAPTOPDUNCE

Like this post
laptopdunce

Likes # 0

This MUST be something to do with all the tinkering in IE tools I think as I can copy and paste fine if I am using the googlechrome browser - I am getting totally P'd off with IE, its a total pain!! I NEVER have had these problems with Google chrome, but I cant figure out how to make a toolbar with all the "custom aps" on it like I have on IE browser with yahoo as my homepage. LAPTOPDUNCE

Like this post
laptopdunce

Likes # 0

thats funny!! I have been into tools on the IE and looked at the homepage I am using and for some reason it was showing as Mixi.DJ.search, so I changed it to my default yahoo homepage and now I can copy and paste again, very weird but that seems to have fixed the problem. LAPTOPDUNCE seems to have fixed the problem. LAPTOPDUNCE (just copy and pasted that last section to prove it does work!!)

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

laptopdunce , where do you keep getting these browser hijackers from?

Might be from some risqué browsing.... :)

Like this post
Sea Urchin

Likes # 0

Hi LAPTOPDUNCE - Mixi.DJ.Search is a virus so you need to remove it from Internet Explorer. It is not enough just to change the Home page. Scroll down this page to the appropriate section for IE and follow instructions. It is probably wise to also check your other browsers

Remove Mixi.DJ.search virus

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Like this post
laptopdunce

Likes # 0

Ihave done that already, I removed the Mixi.DJ.Search from the progs & features in the control panel in the programme list and it is no longer appearing in the "manage add-ons" in the tools menu, so I guess it has been totally removed now? I dont know how this could have planted itself in my system, a total mystery, LAPTOPDUNCE

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Android One vs Android Silver vs Google Nexus: What is the difference?

IDG UK Sites

Apple updates MacBook Pro line-up: Price cuts & spec boosts for 6 MacBook Pro models

IDG UK Sites

Long live the internet fridge: the Internet of Things is coming

IDG UK Sites

How Prometheus' colourist Juan Ignacio Cabrera gave a tense, edgy feel to Chosen