We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Laptop RAM upgrade question

mattkovy

Likes # 0

Hi! Just bought a new laptop, looking to upgrade the RAM, hoping to get the best.

I believe its maximum supported is 8GB(2x4GB).

Hoping for some advice:

1) There are so many brands and offerings, what are your favorite/most trusted makes and models nowadays?

2) What are even maximum speeds/latencies compatible with my system? I'll admit I'm a bit confused.

Thanks!

Acer E1-571-6837: 3rd Generation Intel Core i5-3230M Processor, Windows 8

Mobile Intel HM77 Express Chipset, Intel HD Graphics 4000 with 128MB of dedicated system memory,

4096MB DDR3 Memory, 500GB SATA Hard Drive (5400RPM), 8X DVD-Super Multi Double-Layer Drive, Multi-in-1 Digital Media Card Reader, 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi CERTIFIED, Built-In HD Webcam, 3 - USB 2.0 Ports, 1 - HDMI Port, 1 - Gigabit Ethernet Port, 6-cell Li-ion Battery (4400 mAh), Up to 4.5-hours Battery Life, 5.51 lbs.,2.5 kg (system unit only) 15.6-Inch HD Widescreen CineCrystal LED-backlit Display

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Try Crucial and it will scan your laptop and tell you what you need and how much.

Remember you need to have the 64Bit version of windows to be able to use 8Gb normally.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Click on Memory-Ram then click on scanner.

Crucial

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2014 tech deals UK Live: Best Black Friday deals from Apple, Amazon,...

IDG UK Sites

Why are people still buying satnavs? Smartphones are the modern satnav

IDG UK Sites

New Star Wars trailer: Watch the VFX-laden teaser for The Force Awakens

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & Black Friday tech offers UPDATED