We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

How do I start "auto fill in"

laptopdunce

Likes # 0

After trying to stop the ad.yieldmanager pop-ups my system on IE has stopped doing the auto fill in of email addresses on various websites like hotmail, how do I make it that there is an auto fill-in as soon as I type the first letter of an email address into hotmail for instance? thanks LAPTOPDUNCE

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Try Internet Options.Content.Auto complete Settings and tick what you need.

Like this post
laptopdunce

Likes # 0

OK thanks, it is ticked already for "user names and password" and"asked me before saving password" but not ticked for "forms" should I tick "forms" it is saving my username and password for PCadvisor and some yahoo emails but not for the hotmail email programme like it used to do. Thanks (I did that scan from hitmapro and it took out some more ad tracking cookies but it didnt find any "malware/trojans" on this 2nd run. - thats funny some sound has just started playing..... - must be something from this site.....) LAPTOPDUNCE

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Just checked mine in I/E and forms is ticked.

I don't use I/E so I do not know if that is what you are looking for or whether it will help

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 review: The best iPad mini and Nexus 7 rival tablet around

IDG UK Sites

Which Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014

IDG UK Sites

Mobile email is powerful and useful - but also hopelessly intrusive

IDG UK Sites

Samsung lights up London skyline with Midnight Rainbow