We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Is it safe to use a programme called superantispyware

broadrien4

Likes # 0

I have been using a programme called superantispyware for years on my desktop but I took it to be repaired and was told to take it off as it is no good and causes viruses, I was going to put it on my laptop but am now worried and don't know what to do. I have got AVG antivirus and mc afee firewall on laptop. Thank you

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

Rubbish - the comments. It has been around for years and no program can 'cause' viruses.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Nothing wrong with SAS, but you could also use MalwareBytes. What one program misses the other may pick up.

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

They were bullshitting.

It's possible that they then suggested that some other piece of software, possibly supplies and loaded by them at little extra cost, was the stuff to use!

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

I have used SAS for years, and find it a bit quicker and more thorough than Malawarebytes, but I use both to scan for malware. Some anti virus programmes "complain" about SAS when you install them but I find it works fine.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Like others have stated, SuperAntiSpyware as been around a long time. I have used it for ages without interference or problems.

Having to many similar or same 'anti' programs can sometimes defeat the object intended. So perhaps best to stick with one anti-spy, anti-virus and possibly a firewall?.

Like this post
icemanone

Likes # 0

Hi,brodrien4. I use it some times and is a very good program, you can also use Antimalware bytes free program, which is also good. Don't beleieve everything they say, and no antivirus program causes virus, they wouldn't make a living then, I mean the companies...But is a good tip not to use 2 antivirus programs running at the same time. I hope I helped...

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple shouldn't be blamed for exploitation in China and Indonesia