We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

I Have asked this before about adyield manager/ad pop ups

laptopdunce

Likes # 0

I have just reset my IE to the original factory settings, but I am still getting these AWFUL adyield ads for everything from "slow PC checks" to gaming ads. It only happens on this laptop, my other one is fine, but it seems IMPOSSIBLE to stop these adyield things appearing when I am on ebay, pcadvisor, and generally as soon as I log on to a site from yahoo to hotmail, to ebay to just about anything, I have gone through all the rigmarole of resetting startpage on IE in interent properties but I am still getting these terrible ads. Is there not a SIMPLE way to stop all this? it seems IMPOSSIBLE for a novice to remove this annoying rubbish. thnanks LAPTOPDUNCE

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Have you got Spywareblaster downloaded as that may help.

You probably need an add blocker to stop the pop ups.

Do you have pop up blocker ticked under Tools.

Maybe give HitmanPro a run to see what it finds.

Or download Firefox and see how you get on with that.You can use Adblock Plus with that which stops most pop ups.

Like this post
michaelw

Likes # 0

You've probably got trackers which install themselves on the back of free programs. I had the same problem. Follow this link for advice http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4539301

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Follow the instructions of Global Moderator to remove it from I/E

Click here

Like this post
laptopdunce

Likes # 0

I have just followed Jock1e's link and removed all the ad.yield manager cookies in the temp., internet files, (the list was enormously long! what would happen if I just highlighted the lot and deleted them all??) then i put in the ad.yieldmanager.com/net/org etc., urls's in the block section of the privacy/sites tab, I am sure all this is like MichaelW explains about a tracker that installs itself on all the cookies from ebay, as this is my main laptop for administering my UK ebay, also the Parcelforce had LOADS of cookies in the list, and that is a TERRIBLE site for these awful pop-ups with "coupons" that block the box where you have to put in the tack code, a real PAIN!! the other cookies in the list all had names like " ebaystatic, thumbs.ebay, securepics.ebay, msn.test, favicon, parcelforce.com" but I didnt delete all those, Fingers crossed I hope this stops it, I am using google chrome browser at the moment as this IE is TERRIBLE for all this crap that has only just recently been plaguing this laptop. Thanks LAPTOPDUNCE

Like this post
laptopdunce

Likes # 0

It seems to have stopped those horrible ad.yieldmanager pop up ads appearing BUT now I am getting a message when I log onto ebay saying that they use cookies and to enable cookies in my browser, I was under the impression that the IE browser WAS accepting cookies from sites (but obvioulsy have blocked all the ones from ad.yieldmanager!!) if ebay means the ad.yieldmanager block then this is tantamount to blackmail in that they wont let people view their site UNLESS they allow these AWFUL ad.yieldmanager popups, or have I understood it wrong? if so how do I enable the cookies for the ebay site? thanks LAPTOPDUNCE

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Found and old sign in that I used last in 2005 and it never asked me anything about cookies.

I am using W/8 so not sure if that makes any difference.

Must be something that you have changed under Privacy on I/E I would think.

Like this post
laptopdunce

Likes # 0

Just logged on and I am STILL getting these pop ups from ad.yieldmanager AND something called xtendmedia.com, I am really sick of this, it seems IMPOSSIBLE to stop this crap, I just dont know what to do!! LAPTOPDUNCE

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Just found this from your 2nd problem.

xtendmedia.com

Have you tried downloading and running HitmanPro it is free to use for 30 days

HitmanPro

You would want the new version.

Like this post
laptopdunce

Likes # 0

I have just downloaded the Hitmanpro and it did a one off scan, removed 101 items and 2 trojans (so it said!!) I had to remove Iminent that had installed itself after re-start from the control panel in programmes, (I dont want any of this "emoticom" crap on the laptop) so will see what happens, will try that 2nd link for Hitmanpro and see what happens there. I must admit I have just logged on and ANOTHER of these bloody pop ups has appeared!! I think I might have to get a new laptop really to end all this!! LAPTOPDUNCE

Like this post
laptopdunce

Likes # 0

OK just done that again with the link you sent for the direct download of 32bit Htmanpro, (the earlier one I donwlaoded from Cnet) now it is showing that there were no threats but still it found about 87 tracking cookies!! Oh, this is such a nightmare for a novice, WHY WHY WHY are these things so goddamned complicated!!??? LAPTOPDUNCE

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple shouldn't be blamed for exploitation in China and Indonesia