We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

pc almost at a standstill

March Wind

Likes # 0

Win xp I haved been waiting amost an hr to install 3 of 6 wind xp update. This goes for every thing on this pc. It is not my pc I have been told not to update install anything but could u give me some advise please At the moment I am using a netbook to post this thrread

Like this post
March Wind

Likes # 0

I would also like to switch the pc off but it is telling me not to switch off or unlug, It is not pluged into a seaege plug so i do not like to manually turn off just in case it breaks on me

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

The hard drive's probably almost full.

It doesn't want you to turn off until the Updates have installed themselves, then it will turn itself off.

Leave it on and go to bed. - see what it is doing in the morning.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

If its taking ages to install updates, then that might suggest something like 'checking' is in progress. What anti-wares are in constant use on the machine?.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 review: The best iPad mini and Nexus 7 rival tablet around

IDG UK Sites

Which Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014

IDG UK Sites

Mobile email is powerful and useful - but also hopelessly intrusive

IDG UK Sites

Samsung lights up London skyline with Midnight Rainbow