We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

how do I remove "security warning" tab

laptopdunce
Resolved

Likes # 0

I have just reset my IE homepage settings to original default settings (to try and stop HORRIBLE adware rubbish that kept appearing from ebay (but it is still doing it only when on ebay!!) BUT now I am getting this "security warning" tab that keeps appearing everytime I go to another site or page, its the rectangular tab that asks about receing the info on a secure https page, my question is what do I do to stop this "security warning" tab from appearing?? Its such a PAIN everytime you do something on IE you get more and more of this crap appearing!! Would rather use Chrome browser but this laptop is only set up for IE, thanks LAPTOPDUNCE

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Looks like this solved the problem with other users.

Click here

Like this post  
laptopdunce

Likes # 0

Thanks, that seems to have done the trick!! what really P's me off with these bloody computers is that a novice really needs to be an EINSTEIN to just "navigate" through all this stuff, its DRAINING and IMPOSSIBLE for a "normal" person to understand all this stuff to make the most simple changes, I HATE computers because they have been designed to be kafka-esque sending you round and round and round ad-infinitum ad nauseaum with no explanation of how to do these simple changes - Thank God for this forum, thanks LAPTOPDUNCE

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Sony PlayStation 5 release date, price and specs UK: When is the PS5 coming out?

IDG UK Sites

New Apple TV release date rumours, features: 'new Apple TV next week' rumour

IDG UK Sites

Mobile email is powerful and useful - but also hopelessly intrusive

IDG UK Sites

How the Oculus Rift VR headset is helping train the surgeons of tomorrow