We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

how can i rid of snap-do from my computer

nonowtatall

Likes # 0

snap-do has embedded itself on my computer i removed the program but it is still there also ran malwarebytes to no avail has anyone any ideas to get rid of it

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 1

This is a good guide to removing it from the top browsers. Don't use the green download for auto removal as it's just a link to Spy Hunter. Just follow the removal guides for the browsers you use. http://deletemalware.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/remove-snap-do.html

Like this post
nonowtatall

Likes # 0

thanks i have got rid of snap-do but when i open anything from my email(outlook exppres)it opens in the Google mode like Google chrome how can i make it IE instead

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

Probably need to change Default Programs (from the start menu).

Like this post
barleyview

Likes # 0

Thanks rdave13, you have solved this very annoying problem. I tried everything with no result. This worked perfectly first time ... problem solved.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Glad you're sorted barleyview. Thanks for the feesback.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Feedback - even!

Like this post
honda4fun

Likes # 0

I found Snap Do on my computer last night. I've read many "fixes" for it and they all say to start by uninstalling the program. It isn't listed in my Control Panel / Add Remove Programs.

I downloaded SypwareHunter as it seemed to imply that it would find the program. After installing, scanning, rebooting (all that was required), there's still no sign of it--instead it brings me to a page where they want $29.99 to fix it. I don't know about anyone else, but when a program says free and has you do all that work and then hit you up for $, I get angry and refuse to purchase their product. Same thing happened with SparkTrust.

Has anyone else run into this problem--it not showing up in the add/remove programs? I know it's on the computer as the homepage was hi-jacked and Spyware Hunter showed 28 threats all to do with this program.

Another question--there's hardly nothing on this computer--do you think a reformat will take care of this? At first, the hi-jacking didn't bother me, but the more I read, the more malicious I find this to be and I want to get rid of it. I've also heard some proggies U pay for don't work.

Any help would be appreciated...Sue

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

honda4fun, rdave13 did say "Don't use the green download for auto removal as it's just a link to Spy Hunter"

Also, (polite friendly nudge) you should start your own Thread, not tag your problem onto someone else's. (hijacking their thread with your own problem)

Like this post
honda4fun

Likes # 0

I thought the thread was about snap do. Forgive me!

I read rdave's post after I tried Spyhunter from another link (as in before I found this one).

I was hoping this reply was actually a fix for me. :(

I will now try to repost elsewhere.

Like this post
JoeRod2000

Likes # 0

My problems with Snap.do began when I downloaded 7-Zip from click here I suspect Snap.do was installed during the installation of 7-Zip. I had removed Snap.do using the Windows 7 Control Panel but Snap.do was still affecting Windows Internet Explorer (IE). After starting IE, the icon displayed to the right of the “Start” icon was a search “magnifier” rather than the normal IE icon. After checking the Control Panel to see what programs installed were installed at the same time as 7-Zip, I deleted the following programs: TidyNetwork, DefineEXT and WebCake 3.0. After restarting the system, when IE starts up, the normal IE icon was displayed. (FYI 7-Zip worked as expected and still have the program installed on my computer.)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

LG G Watch review: Android Wear smartwatch is the best around, so far

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

See Glasgow 2014 in UHD as history is made