We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Trojan Viruses problem

Hercules02

Likes # 0

Hello After many years of computing and despite running Norton Security, I recent suffered my first virus attacks. Although they have been removed and subsequent scans are clear, i'm very concerned that it might still be possible for my machine to be compromised via some means of access established while the viruses were active. If so this could be used to obtain keyboard logs and access information in my files. Am I right to be concerned about this,and if so what can I do to block access ? Although Im running Norton Security, I dont know a lot about "Under the hood" configuration. Im so worried about this that Ive restricted use of the computer to a minimum, which is quite an inconvenience. For info., the two viruses were; Trojan:Win32/Urausy.C and Trojan Maljava.com. Any help would be appreciated.

Like this post
The Kestrel

Likes # 0

Trojan Maljava is a low level threat according to symantec

http://www.symantec.com/security_response/writeup.jsp?docid=2013-030715-0216-99

Trojan:Win32 however is a more serious problem. See the details on the link below. If you scroll down you will find information on prevention of reinfection.

http://www.microsoft.com/security/portal/threat/encyclopedia/entry.aspx?Name=Trojan%3AWin32%2FUrausy.C

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

It's easy to get paranoid about this stuff. If it's been removed by Norton successfully, I would run malwarebytes as a precaution (free download), and if you want a second opinion, run Hitmanpro - you get a 30 day free trial - just need to click the correct box for that. If they all return clear, you should be OK.

Like this post
Hercules02

Likes # 0

The Kestrel/Onthelimit1 Thanks to you both for the information and advice which I will follow up.

Like this post
alexalbert

Likes # 0

My simple advice is that before taking any decision you make a chat with " Norton Online Chat Support " team for solving your problem.

Like this post
Lazarus The 2nd

Likes # 0

Like this post
recap

Likes # 0

As an extra precaution when I am using any bank details on the Internet, I use the onboard keyboard. I know it's not fool proof these days but it makes me feel that litte bit more secure.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Gear 2 review: Classy Tizen smartwatch is too expensive

IDG UK Sites

Eight possible names for the next version of Mac OS X: What will Apple call the follow-up to Maveri?......

IDG UK Sites

Why our gadgets will kill us all: bleating notifications, too many chargers and the proliferation...

IDG UK Sites

Inside Twitter's new design and ad offerings