We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Excel 2003 File Validation

Abel

Likes # 0

When trying to open a file in Excel 2003, a message appears which says ‘Office File Validation detected a problem while trying to open this file. Opening it may be dangerous’ is there any way of determining what the problem is?

Abel

Like this post
csqwared

Likes # 0

Have a look at this:-

file validation

scroll down the page to 'Default Behaviour'

Like this post
Abel

Likes # 0

Thanks csqwared! I've never downloaded this facility so I suppose it came with the usual updates. However, how do I discover what the problem is, so that the file can be opened without danger?

We seem to have lost Vog to another forum; I'm sure he would know

Abie

Like this post
csqwared

Likes # 0

Have a look at this - about halfway down.

MS Security

I'm not running Windows anymore so can't try any of the suggestions. Not sure which version of Windows you're running, I'm only conversant with XP so; have you tried looking under Start/Settings/Control Panel/Add or Remove Programmes. There's a little tick box at the top of the window 'Show Updates'. Tick it and then scroll down all the shown progs and updates, you may be able to un-install the offending beasty from there. If you're running a different version I'm sure the same can be achieved. After that I don't know (:-(

And yes, VOG was a considerable help, wonder where he/she is??

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...