We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows XP desktop not booting up correctly

deuce22

Likes # 0

Hi.

I have recently borrowed my mother in laws desktop PC because I have a Macbook and there are a few things that I need a Windows PC for.

It was working fine on the first day, but will now not boot up correctly. It keeps going to the page with safe mode on. If I don't press anything it just keeps restarting. I have also tried every other option and it always goes back to the start.

She does not have a Windows disk, so I can't use that. I want to remove everything off the computer anyway, so don't mind if there's a way of sorting this out, but deleting everything.

Thanks.

Like this post
deuce22

Likes # 0

Hi Fruit Bat.

If after doing what you say, will I be able to reinstall windows XP without the disk, but with the product key.

I want to be able to wipe everything back to factory settings.

I can buy a Windows XP disk for £17.99 and at least I will then have it if anything goes wrong in the future.

The product description says : Microsoft Windows XP Home with SP2 / SP3 + CoA License Key Full Install Version.

Thanks.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Yes that is a Full XP and you can do a repair or clean install with the disc and key for it

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Top 5 Android tips and tricks for smartphones and tablets

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

BBC using Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games to trial 4K/UHD, pan-around video, augmented video and...