We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

files corrupt or unsuported.how can l fix .

topcat596070

Likes # 0

Hi.can eny one help.l have been down loading a tv serease for my own use .im upto serease 5 .the first 4 downloaded ok in xvid format and play ok but the latest is in mp4 .wen l transfer to dvd .and try to play on tv it comes up this file is corrupt or unsupported .dose eny one know how to change the format so it will play on dvd when l burnt the mp4 file to dvd it plays ok on my laptop but not on my blueray player .l have tryed freemakevidio converter.to no availe Thanks for any help.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Try this.

Select "customized avi" from the profile menu; and make sure the video codec is XVID; add your files, then click "encode" - that's it!

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Be careful, the comments at bottom say:

"Installs without permission Conduit browser hijack"

"WARNING: While AVC has always been a great program, This particular release Loads a malware-type of program called "trustworthy toolbar" that takes over the homepage and search of all your browsers, and keeps reappearing even after you have attempted to delete it from the system. The developers should be banned from download.com for pulling a stunt like this."

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

My apologies it has been a while since I have used this program and thanks to lotvic for pointing out the problems with it.

Try this one instead. DVDSoft. I use one or two other of their software and have had no problems.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Chronos, I only noticed because I thought I would take advantage of your link to update my program to the latest version and was reading comments to see what if anything had changed from the version I have. Phew, glad I read them.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Best Photoshop Tutorials 2014: 10 inspiring step-by-step guides to creating amazing art,...

IDG UK Sites

Complete guide to iPhone and iPad settings: Get to know iOS 8 Settings UPDATED