We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Problem with iHola search engine

Thereferee21
Resolved

Likes # 0

How can i delete the above from my laptop permanently?

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Which OS ?

Which browsers? (need to know all that are on the laptop and which is default) there is additional 'tweaking' to be done even after a search engine has been removed.

does Hola show in Control Panel | Add/Remove ?

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Follow these manual instructions no need to download any progs from the site.

If you use Firefox. Go to Tools >> Add-ons.

Select Extensions. Uninstall the following extension: Hola To remove Hola Toolbar.

Click the small magnifier icon at the right top corner. Select Manage Search Engines... from the list.

Select Search the web (Hola) and click Remove button. Click OK to save the changes.

Go to Tools >> Options. Under the General tab reset the startup homepage.

then in the address put about:config and click on Enter and click on proceed in the upcoming dragons message, then in the search bar write Hola and right click and reset on any feature related to Holasearch

Like this post
Thereferee21

Likes # 0

Hi Lotvic,

I am using Windows 7 and have ask, ask jeeves, Google and Bing as search engines Google is my default search engine.

Cheers

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

and your browser is? (Firefox, IE10, Chrome ??) still no matter, if you click on my link it tells you in the manual instructions what to do. (Don't download anything from there as not needed and I can't vouch for any progs)

Like this post
Thereferee21

Likes # 0

Sorry Lotvic,

My browser is Chrome.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

So have you read through and then followed the manual instructions on my link?

Like this post
Thereferee21

Likes # 0

Hi again,

Yes I have but nothing happened when I used the MailwareBytes programme it did not find the hola search engine so still have the problem.

Like this post
Jim_Medley

Likes # 0

ok i have just posted in your second thread about Hola now i see you wrote that you have Chrome so just follow these instructions :

Open Chrome and click on the Google Chrome Menu icon (the three lines on the right hand side of the screen). Then click on Settings. Under On startup, choose the option Open a specific page or set of pages. Then click on Set Pages and delete Hola's page from the list by clicking the small "x" icon beside it. Then click ok. Back on the settings screen under Search click on Manage search engines. If you see Hola Search as a default search, click on a different option and then click Make Default. Then click on done. Once again back on the settings page, click on Extensions on the upper left side of the screen. Remove any Hola extension that you do not want from the list by clicking on the small trash can icon.

Like this post  
Thereferee21

Likes # 0

Thanks for your help all back to normal now.

Cheers

Ian

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

LG G Watch review: Android Wear smartwatch is the best around, so far

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

See Glasgow 2014 in UHD as history is made