We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

PCAdvisor website and Google Chrome browser

spuds
Resolved

Likes # 0

Finding that from past experiences, Google Chrome appears to be the best website browser for my use on the PCA website, I am now finding that a few problems have appeared over recent days. And I wonder if anyone else is having a similar problem?.

Trying to open the PCA website with Google Chrome, now leads me to more 'waiting for' or 'server overload' error messages, with the slow or failure for connection. Trying this morning with Firefox and I got into the PCA website fairly easily, but using Chrome, the dreaded 'waiting for' and 'server overload' appears.

As anyone an answer to this. Would add that the cache of both browsers are cleaned on a regular basis. Using Windows XP.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Since posting the above, another error message as now appeared in the Firefox browser.

A Script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, or you can continue to see if the script will complete.

Script: http://ajax.googleleapis.com/ajax/libs/query/1.6.3/query.min.js:2

The message also gices a tick box 'Don't ask me ahain' also 'Continue or Stop Script'.

This appears to be a Google Chrome message, now in a Firefox browser?.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Warning: Don't use the above link, it might be a misdirection to another website, that you might not want to go?.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Had a message just now that the Tomcat server had problems with a java applet in IE. Refreshed and back in. So could be something to do with that?

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Have had problems using Firefox this morning trying to post and it would not let me sign in.

It has been slow for some time signing in but I assume it is just to try and stop the spammers.

So I would say not just a Google Chrome problem.

Like this post
HenryF75

Likes # 0

spuds I was having the "script on this page''''''"warning a couple of weeks ago and posted something about it then. The web page would freeze for about 30secs. An update to chrome v 26.0.14100.43 seemed to cure the problem and all ahs been well since.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Thanks guys, I had some PCA server overload messages in recent days, so possibly that. All other sites seem okay.

Got things to do, so I will run a few anti's to see if anything from the 'redirection' link shows up, while I am getting on with other things?.

As I said earlier, don't use the above link. I used it, and it took me to where I may have not wanted to go!.

Will tick as resolved.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

HenryF75

Thanks for the information,much appreciated. I'll check for the update and download it, if isn't already there.

Like this post  
spuds

Likes # 0

Just checked the version of Google Chrome, and it as automatically updated to 26.0.1410.43m, which apparently is the latest version.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Warning: Don't use the above link, it might be a misdirection to another website, that you might not want to go?.

Only took me to: Below are sponsored listings for goods and services related to: googleleapis.com

But to your point about PCA I use IE 9 and particularly at the weekend I will get some sort of error and I no longer try to access the site from my phone as it loads so slowly (desktop version) of very limited site (mobile version)

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

I wonder why pca does not put at the top of the page "this site works best with the chrome browser" As the pages open instantly with chrome whereas IE & FF are frusrating slow on the PCA site

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple shouldn't be blamed for exploitation in China and Indonesia