We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Default cursor position on Chrome start up

Dirty Dick

Likes # 0

How do I set the default cursor position on Chrome start up?

I want the cursor to start on the search input box, but it starts in the Address Bar (think it’s known as the Omnibox)

Like this post
Batch

Likes # 0

Not sure what you mean by "the search input box" as the Omnibox acts as Chrome's built in search box as well as address bar. There is only that one box.

Like this post
Dirty Dick

Likes # 0

Thanx batch

I am using Chrome, and that is set to my Gmail home page. On that I have set a news feed, weather and currency converter, so when I open Chrome it opens with that information showing. My home page is www.google.co.uk/ig (which is iGoogle)

When I first open Chrome it opens with two tabs, and they both have the cursor showing in the search box, next to the Google logo, NOT the omnibox. When I open a further tab the cursor is in the omnibox , at the end of the www.google.co.uk/ig and when I type my search query there it comes back with a 404 error.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Android One vs Android Silver vs Google Nexus: What is the difference?

IDG UK Sites

Apple updates MacBook Pro line-up: Price cuts & spec boosts for 6 MacBook Pro models

IDG UK Sites

Long live the internet fridge: the Internet of Things is coming

IDG UK Sites

How Prometheus' colourist Juan Ignacio Cabrera gave a tense, edgy feel to Chosen