We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Unable to install a printer

thumbscrew

Likes # 0

I have been repeatedly trying-and failing- to install an HP DJ1000 J110 printer. I've downloaded the drivers from the HP website,all seems to progress normally, but right at the end I get..."USB set up.exe encountered a problem and needs to close". Despite repeated attempts this appears every time. I use XP, can anyone help please?

Like this post
thumbscrew

Likes # 0

I swapped the printer for another one I had lying around....an HP D2560 and this one's connected. However it's not printing black ink. I've cleaned the heads several times, the cartridges have plenty of ink and they're genuine HPs. Can anyone help with my new problem?

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

1st question - did you leave the printer unplugged until advised?

2nd question - all you can do is keep running the cleaner - must be head blocked with dried ink.

Like this post
Diemmess

Likes # 0

From one who has drowned in the sea of recent new technology and whose advice has become a little old hat. ------

1) Have you the installed the printer both for direct wired connection and as a separate printer for WiFi ?

2) If the plated connection is accessible as it used to be, try standing the cartridge 'face down' on some tissue soggy with isopropyl alcohol and leave it overnight.

You can buy this stuff at any chemist worth the title. Very good for cleaning various surfaces which might be ruined with other solvents.

Like this post
thumbscrew

Likes # 0

Thanks both...onthelimit, yes unplugged until it told me to connect...Diemmess 1)..it's installed just for wired 2)...chemists will no longer sell isopropyl, I know this because I used to buy it several years ago...finest thing available for cleaning video heads, now it's on their banned list, another victim of our interfering nanny state health and safety nonsense.

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

Isopropyl aerosols available from Maplins. Advert here

Like this post
Diemmess

Likes # 0

USB problem?

Time was, I seem to remember in this forum, when a USB connection ceased to work, the answer was to search Control panel >System > Hardware > Device Manager >USB looking for a yellow triangle with a black exclamation mark.

Delete, reboot and Windows found the correct drivers again!

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

I used cartridge flush fluid to make tissue (kitchen roll) soggy when I cleaned my blocked print head.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons not to wait for the Apple Watch: Why you shouldn't buy the iWatch

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How Emotional Debt is damaging digital design

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room