We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

No Internet Access

RobCharles1981

Likes # 0

Hi all

Windows 7 is the operating system fired up pc this morning to check emails then shut her down.

When I came back on about half hour latter my Internet was down my ISP is Titan adsl typical they are closed on the weekend.

I get "no Internet access" in my system tray network is on and I've done the usual checks for connections and tried rebooting my router nothing.

It seams its a fault in the exchange but is there any other workaround it fix this issue ?

Thanks Rob

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Is all the normal lights working on your router.

I don't suppose a system restore to a time it was working would help.

Maybe have a look in there forum.

Click Here

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

If it's a fault at the telephone exchange unfortunately there is nothing you can do except wait for it to be fixed.

I presume you have found an alternative means of connecting to internet (friends house or mobile) or you wouldn't have been able to post on here.

If it's any consolation, my fibre connection went down last week because of a fault at my telephone exchange. It was off most of the day.

Like this post
hiwatt

Likes # 0

I've actually had this happen when things at the ISP side have been ok.First reboot the computer.If that doesn't help Reset DNS cache Start/Run type ipconfig /flushdns If still no result try opening network and sharing center and right click on local area connection and choose diagnose.If there's any problems detected this will try and fix it!

Like this post
hiwatt

Likes # 0

I didn't actually read your full post.Have you tried rebooting the computer?Sometimes just this fixes it.Worked for me the other day when I had the same problem

Like this post
Secret-Squirrel

Likes # 0

Rob, it's possible that it's your ISP's DNS server that's at fault. If it is then there is a workaround that can be applied - try this:

Open a Command Prompt window and type:

ping 173.194.40.55

.........then hit the Enter key. If you get four Reply from....... messages then your Internet connection's fine and it is a DNS problem. Post back and I'll give you that workaround.

Like this post
RobCharles1981

Likes # 0

Cheers guys I ran the windows network diagnostics and it says this......

"The connection between your access point, router or cable modem is broken"

Ile try your idea now sq 2 ticks

Like this post
RobCharles1981

Likes # 0

Destination net unreachable?

Like this post
Secret-Squirrel

Likes # 0

"Destination net unreachable"

It does sound like your Internet connection really is down.

"The connection between your access point, router or cable modem is broken"

Go to Control Panel -> Network & Sharing Center. Look at the network map at the top. If the connection between your computer and the router is fine, but there's a red X between the router and Internet, then it's likely that your ISP is indeed experiencing problems.

Like this post
RobCharles1981

Likes # 0

Yep and your right too it's a pain and in Annoyance the support line is closed on the weekend I hope it pulls itself together!

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Just to satisfy my curiosity, I'm sure there is a simple answer - how are you able to post on here?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

2015 visual trends: 20 leading designers & artists reveal what should be inspiring us in 2015

IDG UK Sites

10 iPhone app exclusives that make Android users jealous