We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Outlook 2010 crashes when sending mail

douglas1973

Likes # 0

Outlook 2010 is crashing frequently when I send emails. I have tried so many things to repair it but with no success. If I reinstalled Outlook 2010 would I lose all my settings in it? (e.g. Contacts groups, addresses, folders, etc.?. I have even considered upgrading to Outlook 2013 but see that many users have the same problems as I am having using it!

Like this post
xania

Likes # 0

If you can get into Outlook, use the facility under the drop down menu. Otherwise, look for a file called *.pst (so it could be outlook.pst or douglas.pst something similar) and save this elsewhere (ideally not your HDD).

When you attempt to uninstall Office, you will be given the option to do a repair, and this might solve your problem. I always recommend a reboot after completing the repair before trying to load the program - may not be essential but good practice.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

How to watch the Windows 9 launch event: no live video stream so catch our Windows 9 launch live...

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 and the death of the OS as a must-have product

IDG UK Sites

Video trends: 4K is here – HDR video, VR and 3D audio is coming

IDG UK Sites

Best iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus deals: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus tariffs, contracts and prices UK