We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Website unavailable in Firefox but available with IE

LimestoneRock

Likes # 0

There are two sites that I have trying to access through Firefox. I do not get the 404 page up or the like but the actual website stating that the site is effecting repairs - please try later. This one particular site has been churning out this message now for 3 weeks but when I decided to try Internet Explorer yesterday I could get on the site. Trying Firefox again failed with the same message about repairs. The other site I am trying to access stated in Firefox that business not trading at present but site will be up and running in due course. Through IE the site is live. One other thing, with the first site even though access has been gained through IE on my PC it will not progress further when I click a link but on my laptop, I have no problem with the link. Can anyone please explain these problems - I am starting to think that there is something awry with the configuration of Firefox on my PC but I have no idea what. Similarly, the configuration in IE could be preventing the link working on my PC but again I've no idea what it could be.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Clear the firefox cache and retry

Like this post
LimestoneRock

Likes # 0

Thanks for your response. Cleared the Firefox cache but no joy I'm afraid.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Try resetting Firefox, http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/reset-firefox-easily-fix-most-problems

Sometimes making IE the default browser fixes the links problem.

Like this post
Secret-Squirrel

Likes # 0

Limestone, it'd be helpful if you could post the link for at least one of the problem websites.

Like this post
LimestoneRock

Likes # 0

This is the main website I am having problems with in Firefox:

http://www.stanjames.com/

Now going to try resetting Firefox & will report back.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

It's working fine but a bit slow to open on both browsers for me.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

I've been able to click on the join now link in Firefox and enter the page but only after refreshing. On IE I've clicked on the 'bet noe' link and gone to the page but very slow to do so.

Like this post
Secret-Squirrel

Likes # 0

That site's definitely working.

Using Firefox, go to the website, hold down the CTRL key on the keyboard and press F5 to force a hard refresh of the webpage.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

See if it works better from this link.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

New iPhone 6 review: best ever iPhone is very good... but no longer the best phone you can buy

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...