We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

vista

hugoboss38

Likes # 0

help help needed hi there ive got a emachine laptop D620-5777 that im trying to connect to my wifi It's running vista im trying to connect to my network but for some reason its not allowing me to connect to anything it finds the network's but when i put my password key says connected but when i look at the network and sharing center saying my name of my pc then unidentified network then between that and the internet got a red cross in the middle of them but this happens on anyone network so plz can you help me solve this issue ive even tried connecting my earthnet cable to the bt infinity router but still wont allow it to connect very frustrating person

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

Have you tried switching your router off and on again and then connecting by ethernet?

Are your network drivers up to date - check in device manager.

You could try resetting the Internet Protocol by using the Fix it in this article.

If this doesn't work delete your network from available networks then connect your pc by ethernet cable to the router and go through the process again.

There may be a chance that your antivirus is blocking access. You could try temporarily disabling this while you try to connect.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Amazon Fire HD 6 is a really good value tablet. The Amazon Fire HD 7 isn't. Amazon Fire HD 6 and...

IDG UK Sites

Why Sony's PS4 2.0 update is every gamer's dream (well, mine at least)

IDG UK Sites

ACLU's Halloween-themed animation warns of dangers of ignoring threats to your privacy

IDG UK Sites

20 lesser-known tips for Mac OS X Yosemite: use Yosemite like an expert