We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

How do I watch 3D on my inspiron 17R 5720?

LittleWish

Likes # 0

When I bought this computer it said it was 3D capable and that I needed the Nvidia 3D glasses kit. Come to find out... it didn't come with a Nvidia graphics card. (Grrrr!!) And in order for me to get any information out of Dell, like, "Wft what do I need in order to see 3D with this laptop?" Or "Is Nvidia 3D glasses kit even compatible with my intel(R) HD graphics 4000" I have to pay them $200. To me, they're holding the information hostage and expecting me to pay a ransom for it. I feel like these are the kind of questions they should be willing to answer about their products when they sell them. Hopefully someone here will be willing to help me instead! Thank you in advance. <3

Like this post
xania

Likes # 0

This could be more a matter of your not understanding how to get it to work, rather than the part missing or failing. But your argument is not with Dell - its with the supplier (which is why Dell will charge so much for direct support). Speak to your supplier and get them to explain how you get 3D to work - you may have to take your PC back if you have not paid for an installation service. If you bought your PC on the Internet, you need to contact your supplier's support desk, and they may want to get remote access to your PC which you should grant them - they will need you to go on-line and download some software, but this willbe perfectly OK and should uninstll after the support session ends.

Like this post
LittleWish

Likes # 0

I got my computer directly from Dell. They -are- my supplier. All they would tell me is that my computer -is- 3D capable. Not how to actually get it to work.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Found this on another Forum ...

In order to play 3D Blu-ray movies on the Dell 17R 5720 laptop, you need two things: an internal/external Blu-Ray player and a 3D screen. This laptop has neither of these options.

The Inspiron 17R Special Edition (7720) has a 3D screen and Blu-ray player as options you can order. This laptop will use the NVIDIA 3D Vision technology to make the 3D movies play!

Like this post
xania

Likes # 0

If you enter your tag number on this web site

http://www.dell.com/support/home/uk/en/ukdhs1?c=uk&l=en&s=dhs

your should get all the information you need. The web site also explains how to find your tag number and you can get it to find and enter it for you.

Like this post
Ian in Northampton

Likes # 0

"3D capable" - I think you've got your answer right there. In PC terms, that doesn't mean it does do 3D - only that it could do 3D...

Like this post
Mr Mistoffelees

Likes # 0

On the Dell UK website there is no mention of the inspiron 17R 5720 being 3D capable.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

In order to play 3D Blu-ray movies on the Dell 17R 5720 laptop, you need two things: an internal/external Blu-Ray player and a 3D screen. This laptop has neither of these options.

Just repeating in case this was missed in my post above ...

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Microsoft smartwatch release date, price and specs rumours: Launching within a few weeks

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Halloween Photoshop tutorials: 13 masterclasses for horrifying art, designs and type

IDG UK Sites

Should I upgrade from Mavericks to OS X 10.10 Yosemite? What you need to know before updating to...