We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Trouble viewing Google Earth in past few days

dave1933

Likes # 0

System XP SP3. Graphics Nvidia GeForce Ti 4200 with AGF8, driver NV4_disp.dll with Directx 9. Until recently all was OK with Google Earth but now when launching I get message that graphics card does not support Earth in OpenGL mode, will switch you to Directx. If I select OK another message tells me to start Earth in Direct x mode. Selecting OK it just drops out of the program. Has something happened to Google Earth in the past couple of weeks, as my PC has not been altered - as far as I know. Thanks.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

Worth a read:

Nvidia and Google earth

I had some problems in WQ7 with a Nvidia GTX 7800; updated driver seemed to work

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

Also here:

Google Earth

Like this post
muddypaws

Likes # 0

I have kust tried GE with the same Directx window.

Selected 'Yes' and GE re-started in a about 2 seconds. Far quicker than last time I used it--some weeks ago.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...