We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Custom Pc advice needed

Ellathias
Resolved

Likes # 0

want to buy a custom gaming PC for £1000 or less and have chosen specs but need verification to see if they are good or bad! so here are the specifications>>>>>>

Processor (CPU) Intel® Core™i5 Quad Core Processor i5-3570 (3.4GHz) 6MB Cache

Motherboard ASUS® P8Z77-V LX: USB 3.0, SATA 6GBs, ATI®CrossFireX

Memory (RAM) 4GB SAMSUNG DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz (1 X 4GB)

Graphics Card 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 670 - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - 3D Vision Ready

Memory - 1st Hard Disk 120GB INTEL® 520 SERIES SSD, SATA 6 Gb/s (upto 550MB/sR | 520MB/sW)

2nd Hard Disk 1TB 3.5" SATA-III 6GB/s HDD 7200RPM 32MB CACHE

1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive 24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM

Power Supply 450W Quiet 80 PLUS Dual Rail PSU + 120mm Case Fan

Processor Cooling Corsair H40 Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler (£39)

Sound Card ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD

Like this post
Ex plorer

Likes # 0

May be better if you find one or two PCs you like and then link them here for people to look at.

Linking if you havent done it before, find the PCs you like Highlight the address bar copy. Come back to this page.

Click the hyper link, (Blue globe with green arrow) Delete Http://, right click in the bar paste.

You can name it PC1 or what ever you like.

You can post more than one link.

Open one page to search for PCs

Leave this page open to jump between the two.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 1

You do not state what OS you will be installing.

Nice specs but although you have chosen a decent PSU I think upping the wattage to 500w would be a good idea.

Like this post
Ellathias

Likes # 0

Alright, so i in response to
Chronos the 2nd, I was looking at Operating System Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit w/SP1. is that any good for my specs? is there any other Operating systems that you would recommend for the parts? Also, thanks for the advice on the wattage, i will fix that quickly before i order them.

Like this post
mart7

Likes # 1

for such an expensive pc id want 8gb of ram not 4

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 1

As you are using the 64BIT version of Windows 7, a good choice I might add, then as mart7 has suggested upping your RAM to 8GB is definitely needed.

Like this post
Ellathias

Likes # 0

thanks for the advice i must remember to up the RAM and the Wattage, any other advice? or should the Pc be good then?

Like this post
mart7

Likes # 0

Like this post  
mart7

Likes # 0

I buy a lot of my pc components or systems from the above pc company,excellent service have won many awards

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

thanks for the advice i must remember to up the RAM and the Wattage, any other advice? or should the Pc be good then?

Pretty much good to go, I have the GTX670 and I game on a Dell U2712 monitor at full resolution with no problems.

I would also make sure that the builders move all the My folders (Documents,Videos,Picture,Music) are moved to the bigger HDD, I suspect this is done anyway by the builders, if not it is simple enough to do yourself. It insures that your smaller SSD does not get filled with all your personal stuff.

Like this post
Ellathias

Likes # 0

in reply to mart7, i have looked at that pc and must agree that it looks amazing! i may get that one instead :) also Chronos the 2nd i was thinking of doing that aswell just incase the pc has a problem on the core programs none of my data on games etc. will be broken

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy S6 release date, features and specs rumours: When will the Galaxy S6 come out?

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Free rocket & space sounds: NASA launches archive of interstellar audio on SoundCloud

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests, beautiful...