We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

HP Pavilion G6 webcam software where is it?

compumac
Resolved

Likes # 0

I have a relative whom I am trying to help over the phone but it is very, VERY difficult making him follow verbal instructions in using his laptop without him going off and clicking on something else. Despite him having used the laptop for over three years he cannot follow simple instructions and keeps going off at a tangent He has a Pavilion G6-1352 laptop. Question: How does he access the webcam on the Pavilion other than through Skype?

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Grrreat, thanks for your feedback.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

compumac , try to get your relative to now uninstall Teamweaver, in case he gets a telephone call from 'Microsoft' in that his PC is infected blah, blah. Teamweaver installed is a perfect base for this scam.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

rdave13

Just as a matter of interest, I and a friend 230miles apart, have been using Teamviewer for years, without any such problem.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Nontek

Good and that is how it should be used.

compumac, however, seems to have a slight, umm, instruction problem with the relative so hence the Teamweaver installation.

Unfortunately Team-weaver can be used against the PC operator if they get an unsolicited telephone call purported to be from 'Microsoft' saying that the PC/Laptop is infected. A scam that is always going around.

Like this post
compumac

Likes # 0

rdave13 . Relative will not succumb to anyone else using TeamViewer to access his laptop. Over the past years (when he had Teamviewer installed peviously) in every phone call between us I would stress that NOBODY else should use TeamViewer, however......................

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

It is helpful that the password required changes with each opening. Makes it a very secure programmes.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Sony Xperia Z3 comparison: Lollipop phablet takes on KitKat flagship smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Free rocket & space sounds: NASA launches archive of interstellar audio on SoundCloud

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests, beautiful...