We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

HP Pavilion G6 webcam software where is it?

compumac
Resolved

Likes # 0

I have a relative whom I am trying to help over the phone but it is very, VERY difficult making him follow verbal instructions in using his laptop without him going off and clicking on something else. Despite him having used the laptop for over three years he cannot follow simple instructions and keeps going off at a tangent He has a Pavilion G6-1352 laptop. Question: How does he access the webcam on the Pavilion other than through Skype?

Like this post
compumac

Likes # 0

Subsequently found that the required software is Cyberlink YouCam, but realative cannot see this in his list of programmes.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Like this post
compumac

Likes # 0

Nontek. Thanks for that. He is able to use Skype so he must already have a webcam programme on the laptop to be able to use Skype.

Like this post
mart7

Likes # 0

If you read here you can see whats happened to the You Cam software

http://cyberlink-youcam.softpedia.com/

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

as it got an icon on the desktop for camera. i have a samsung netbook it uses icon on desktop name "play camera"

Like this post
compumac

Likes # 0

I will try yet again to speak with relative and ask the question in respect of Cyberlink YouGo, but it is very hard work. He is not unintelligent and is not stupid but it is plain awkward to get him to follow your instructions without him trying something else off his own bat.

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

Compumac - I think it's been mentioned before that Teamviewer is the perfect free programme for this situation. He only has to click the icon on his desktop then you can take over. I use it for a number of my older and remote friends.

Like this post
compumac

Likes # 0

I had hoped that Teamviewer was on his new laptop(Old one stolen)as I had helped him(or rather me)using same in the past. He was insistent that it was installed. It took me more than twenty minutes asking him to look through his "All Programmes" and using Windows Explorer to prove that it was not installed on this laptop. He still has difficulty in accepting that it is not installed. After almost three hours of discussion by phone yesterday I felt I could not request him to install Teamviewer at that time. - I was mentally exhausted. I will find two or three hours today and talk hin through the installation of Teamviewer which is the only answer to MY situation.(apart from not taking his phone calls)

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

OK - good luck - I have been in a similar situation with some of my 'good causes'!

Like this post
compumac

Likes # 0

Resolved. Gritted my teeth, managed to talk relative through the installation of TeamViewer and Bingo - sorted all his problems out in less than twenty minutes.

Hail TeamViewer!

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons not to wait for the Apple Watch: Why you shouldn't buy the iWatch

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How Emotional Debt is damaging digital design

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room