We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

UNABLE TO SET UP CANON PIXMA MG315O ON WIFI

paulus725

Likes # 0

I've jusr received a Canon Pixma MG3150 as a birthday present. It works fine from my laptop via USB cable but I cant get the drivers to run via wifi. I'm still running on Windows XP. I run setup from the supplied driver disks and followed its instructions to the letter. At no stage does it ask me to fit the USB cable when setting up by temp. cable or ask for network/router passwords and using the WPS option from my broadband router makes no difference. I've downloaded the latest setup drivers (mast-win-mg3100-1_1-mcd.exe)from Canon but makes no difference. It gets so far then says "Looking for printers on Network" and thats it. Runs on and on. Left it for 24 hrs with no results even though it says the printer is registered during initial setup. The sequence is:

Set up guide appears on screen Instruction to select either WiFi or USB Connection - I select WiFI Instruction to switch on MG3150.- Done Instruction to press maint. button for 5 sec.- Done Instruction to check flashing LED. - As described on screen Instruction to select either Wifi via USB cable or WPS - Have tried both methods Request place of residence info (Europe) Request place of residence info (UK) Software installation list (MP Drivers) License agreement - Agreed Allow Wizard Process - Agreed Installs Drivers - Clean Shortcuts ??- Register Program Information ??- Register Printer Driver ??- Register Program Information Printer Detection - Search for Printers on Network. At this point it runs forever more with no results plus stops my IE from starting and stops my email service from sending or receiving.

Thats as far as it goes. Has anyone got any ideas?

Like this post
Ex plorer

Likes # 0

Are you trying to make it print by using printer on board settings by wifi. Mine wont.

It picks it up from File Print, or Icon printer on tool bar, on laptop, no USB.

Or am I miss under standing you.

Like this post
paulus725

Likes # 0

The problem was with instalation of The Canon wifi drivers and not the physical printing of documents. I'm pleased to say that the problem has been resolved with the help of Canon UK support team. The drivers are now installed correctly and I can print wirelessly to my little hearts content. The problem was that my virus checker/firewall program ignored requests to allow the instalation program access. By killing both virus checker and firewall temporaraly, it allow the program to find my network and complete the installation. Thanks for the comments Ex plorer.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 things we want to see in Android M: New features and fixes

IDG UK Sites

iPad mini 3 release date rumours: 'iPad mini Air' will be 30 percent thinner than current model

IDG UK Sites

Introducing generation tech

IDG UK Sites

This animated film reveals the importance of designing for everyone