We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

computer keeps freezing during opration s

peterdee

Likes # 0

i am having trouble when my computer is running it keeps freezing sometimes after about 15-25 mins or longer and i have to restart it to get it going again i have tried doing a fresh install of windows 7 but it still persists can anybody point me in the right direction as to what may be causing this to happen i have run a diagnostics program which checked the cpu, the hard drive the dvd re-writer and the ram memory and they all passed as ok so i would appreciate anybody pointing me in the right direction yours peterdee.

Like this post
mart7

Likes # 0

Over heating maybe?

Like this post
peterdee

Likes # 0

i have cleaned out the case and left off the side plus both fan for cpu. and fan on graphics card are working although graphics card does seem to be quite hot but cpu. seems cool could it be that the graphics card is overheating maybe yours peterdee.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 1

Does Graphics have its own Fan? I would say Graphics is the Problem You could try Going to Control Panel/Display and try turning down Graphics Acceleration with the Slider under Troubleshooting tab

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, price, specs and new features: Convincing leaked photos show iPhone 6

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Netflix whips up 3D VR viewing room for Oculus Rift during company hack day

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014