We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Changing from MS Office 2003 pro to MS Office Home and Student 2010

Damarc

Likes # 0

As my old Office has more stuff on it than Home and Student, should I uninstall the old programme before installing the nwq 2010 Home and Student version or can I retain the benefit of Outlook,Access and Publisher from the old versions if I install Home and Student without uninstalling the old version?

Like this post
Terry Brown

Likes # 0

You will find that some of the functions you had on 2003 (especially Smart Art), do not work the same.

Solution:- Open a blank page(on the office program you want) and save it in Office 2003 mode.

Re-open this page as you will see the same Office 2010 layout, but with a different set of graphic (Smart Art) commands and different options for other functions.

After use you can save this as a regular 2010 file and all the changed functions will still be available.

Terry

Like this post
xania

Likes # 0

Can you please mark this stream as closed.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

If you think it's sorted, you can close this thread by clicking on one of the big grey ticks at the right of any post and it will turn green. When page is refreshed the Thread will be marked 'Resolved'

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

The 10 most ridiculously opulent, mega expensive and utterly stupid gadgets you can't afford

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

5 things Android Wear *can't* do: Smartwatch OS is great but not flawless

IDG UK Sites

Free QuarkXPress update offers redlining, notes and image enhancement