We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows 8 64bit - will it run my current programs

johnincrete

Likes # 0

I was browsing the shops for a cheap laptop and noticed that they all came with Windows 8 64 bit. How can I find out if I would be able to run my current programs that are running under XP? I have Office 2003, Serif's WebPlus, PagePlus and MoviePlus all X5, an old copy of Nero that I use for burning CD's (at least 10 per week)and an old version of WavePad that gets lots of use. Plus, of course, lots of other bits and pieces. Apart from the Serif stuff, I don't have installation CD's.

Like this post
johnincrete

Likes # 0

Thanks all. I'm still thinking but I likethe idea of Windows 7 because we have many at school.

Xania Your name is where I live in Crete!

Like this post
xania

Likes # 0

johnincrete - we were staying with friends in Galatea (I think that's how you spell it) and Chania is the main town (changed deliberately from Ch to X for personal reasons you may be able to guess). That was 21 years ago. Others have taken the name for companies etc but I've never been able to find out what their derivations are.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Sony Xperia Z3 Compact review: A better deal than the Z3 and most smartphones

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Framestore recreates ancient China for Mr Bean's martial arts misadventure

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests and more