We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

i have got a new hp pavillion g60 will not play films.

ezthefez

Likes # 0

I purchased a laptop hp pavilion g60,having down loaded two films they will not play on the laptop, I also down loaded VLC to play them but no luck still will not play films as I am a learner at this help in normal jargon will be most welcome please.

Like this post
mart7

Likes # 0

Can you give us some information about what file types you are trying to play? What error messages do you get when the files dont play in vlc or media player?

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Will Media Player Play them, its a MS Program that should be on the Laptop

Like this post
ezthefez

Likes # 0

file type is ahashare utorrent, and vlc media player, I downloaded films from Ahashare. erroe code which comes up is, oxcood11cd and (ox8000ffff)and then the XBOX logo comes up under that it says report to Microsoft which I had done befor but got no response. Hope this helps.

Like this post
mart7

Likes # 0

What file type? avi,xvid,mp4,x264?

Like this post
ezthefez

Likes # 0

Dear Mart. I have downloaded ahashare, for the films I down load, and VLC to play them but I can not play the films I have down loaded with the VLC,can I go back to windows media to play them, hope this helps.

Like this post
mart7

Likes # 0

still doesnt tell me the file types you are trying to play? If wm player works yes fine

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Site says 'VLC Player is NOT recommeneded' you need the k-lite codec pack and Media Player Classic. Go back to the aha home page and in the left column click on 'How to play the video'

Like this post
mart7

Likes # 0

lotvic these are only avis xvid and x264 video files why the site is promoting the non use of vlc is beyond my understanding it plays anything without the need for codecs ive just tried 2 sample files from here works fine in vlc

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

mart7, yes I thought same, but that's what the site says. I think I'll leave it there as they look like pirated vids on that site and FE will come down hard if they are and help is given. (against forum rules to assist with pirated stuff)

Like this post
Lazarus The 2nd

Likes # 0

The only thing I can offer is this,

Type this 0xc00d11cd (0x8000ffff) into Google search, You will find the answer buried in all them Links..

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

O2 to sell exclusive red HTC One M8

IDG UK Sites

How to win iTunes Festival 2014 tickets: See Pharrell Williams, Sam Smith, Kylie & more live, for...

IDG UK Sites

Welcome to the upgrade cycle - you'll never leave

IDG UK Sites

Why smartphone screens are getting bigger