We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

How to turn off manual duplex?

ned3110

Likes # 0

Hi, I have a Samsung ML-2165w mono laser printer which seems to be stuck on manual duplex. In the properties I have chosen to switch this off but it continues to do it. Please can someone help as I will throw it in the garden soon?!!

Like this post
Zak

Likes # 0

Like this post
Zak

Likes # 0

Add from Manual:

• Printer Default: If you select this option, this feature is determined by the settings you have selected on the control panel of the machine. This option is available only when you use the PCL / XPS printer driver (see Features by models).

• None: Disables this feature.

• Long Edge: This option is the conventional layout used in bookbinding.

• Short Edge: This option is the conventional layout used in calendars.

• Reverse Double-Sided Printing: Check this option to reverse the print order when duplex printing. This option is not available when you use the Reverse Double-Sided Printing (Manual).

Like this post
ned3110

Likes # 0

It would seem that its the software that I use for work. I can print a normal pdf no worries, but soon as I go into the company's software it doesn't want to play. No worries though I can export to desk top and print from there.

Thanks for your help.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

You should be able to turn it off in Printer Properties

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

8 cheapest 4G smartphones in the UK 2014: Best budget 4G phones

IDG UK Sites

Apple MacBook Air lab tests and benchmarks: 11-inch & 13-inch, 256GB, 2014 Mac laptops tested

IDG UK Sites

How to prank people using Google Glass

IDG UK Sites

Brian Cox to step into will.i.am's shoes with IBC keynote