We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

memory problem XP Pro system

Terry Brown

Likes # 0

When burning Video's, using Nero 7, the video's burn OK, but then I get a memory error message.

I have 3 x 1Gb memory sticks,which I thought were all the same, however when I checked them (SIW.exe), I got these readings:

Slot 1: DDR2 (PC2 5300): Run at 333Mhz :DDR2 667:Timing 5-5-5-15-20

Slot 2: DDR2 (PC2 4300): Run at 266Mhz :DDR2 533:Timing 4-4-4-12-16

Slot 3: DDR2 (PC2 4300) :Run at 266Mhz :DDR2 533 :Timing 5-4-4-12-16

No other program gives an error.

I am using XP PRO, and the Motherboard can take 4GB (4*1GB modules)

If I changed the 2 slower ones (slot 2 +3) to DDR2 667, would I be any better off or is ir advisable to change them all to a matching set, or don't bother about it.

Thanks Terry

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Burning Video, You should use the Hard Drive to burn to the copy it over if you want it on USB. Plus you need plenty of free space on the hard drive just for burning. I think it Virtual Memory that you are having problems with

Like this post
Terry Brown

Likes # 0

Woodchip

What I am doing is transferring my Videotapes to DVD, so they go to the harddrive first, remove any unwanted footage (editor) and then burn to DVD.

The drive I am using has 139 GB free and my C:(Operating system) has 130 GB free.

I have changed the Virtual memory from 2048mb to System managed and see how it goes.

Thanks for the advise.

Terry

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Hows it going after changing Virtual Memory?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Amazon 3D smartphone release date, price and spec: The hologram phone?

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 5s review: why the iPhone 5s is still the best phone you can buy in 2014

IDG UK Sites

Passwords don't work: here's four ways to fix them

IDG UK Sites

The art of rebranding: Creative agency The Neighbourhood explains how & why it rebranded