We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Tablets that can take MS Office

Damarc

Likes # 0

I'm currently looking at Acer Iconia W510 but I want MS Office Home and Business on it. This is probably a daft question but does it have to be downloaded through the ether or is there another way?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I had to look up the Acer to find its OS. As it is the full W8 then it will run Office. W8 RT and many other tablet OS's will not. Office 2013 or Office 365 (which could be the cheapest way for you) are downloaded and you insert the key, which you have bought, during installation.

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

Alternatively, I take it that you could plug it into your PC, where it will appear as a Drive, say 'E' for example.

Then put your Office Disk into the PC's Slot and download it directly from there

Like this post
Damarc

Likes # 0

Thank you for your answers but I'm going to get 2013 MS Office Home and Business edition because I want Outlook. On my laptop at the moment I've got 2003 MS office Pro. I have still got the disks for them but want to upgrade a bit now. I have a download limit of 2gb per month from Sky so wondered if downloading Office would take up a lot of it.

Like this post
Damarc

Likes # 0

WeeEddie: If you connect tablet to laptop/pc to use the latter's drive, how do you get the Office software to recognise which machine you want it install to on? I assume you can't copy the disk to hard drive/memory on tablet a Microsoft seem to put barriers within the software that precludes that.

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

Now there you have me.

I haven't tried anything like that yet but there are so many Ultra Books and Netbooks, that don't have disk drives that there must be a short movie somewhere on YouTube.

It'll just be a matter of asking the right question.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Exclusive: Samsung exits laptop market including Chromebooks

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

How a London VFX studio is ditching desktop workstations for cloud-based creative power

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 tips & tricks: Get to know iOS 8's handy new features