We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

please help,my pc is too slow

habs2habs

Likes # 0

hi everyone

please i need your help.

10 days ago,i formatted and re-install windows7,64bit.

install all the windows update including SP1,everything is up to date in windows update.

install all the programs(internet security,,updated all the software and the hardware,everything is up to date

the problem is my pc is too slow,i have a lot of programs included disk defragmenter,example; -system mechanic(used defragmentation,and fix the registry error, from this software) -system utilities(again used the defragmentation software), -smart defrag -deflagger -0&0 defragment

i used the CC cleaner to fix the registry error and clean my pc from the registry error

i used the defragmentation software once at a time.

example:if i have a folder and i want to (rename it),i right click on that folder,(Than),a blue circle come up and kept turning,and turning,for about 2 minutes,than i can rename the folder finally.

this blue circle getting on my nerve.i got so annoyed.

i went to window task manager,in process tab i saw (system idle process):description:percentage of time processor is idle,is using 95% from the processor.can i stop this (system idle process) by pressing end task.

please i am really getting fed up from this problem,honestly i am thinking to re-format the the hard drive,and re-install everything from scratch.

do you think this will solve the problem(i don't want to do that)

My pc spec:

intel quad core 4GB memory sapphire vapor-x 5770(up to date) windows update is up to date,including SP1

can you please help me make my pc a lot faster,and please how to do that?

i hope to hear from you very soon.

my kindest regards habs

Like this post
Terry Brown

Likes # 0

The chances are that everything is try to run at the same time- A lot of programs put their own file on the start-up, so when you start the machine up, all the programs are competing for resources.

Download and run STARTER.EXE, this works like MSCONFIG but is more user friendly.

Have a look at the programs that are in start up and untick them all, Disconnect your modem and restart your machine. This should now start up a lot faster.

Re-start Starter and add one program at a time until you find the problem.

Remember you only need ONE defragger and ONE Anti-virus program.

Problem: It seems to have disappeared from the Internet- Does anyone know where to find it?, or a similar program.

You can also do this from RUN : MSCONFIG : STARTUP

However this is not as friendly and you have to remember what you ticked/ unticked yourself.

Terry

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

After a format and reinstall of W7 then you shouldn't have needed to defrag. I also hope that you are not trying to defrag an SSD.

You stated "i used the CC cleaner to fix the registry error and clean my pc from the registry error". What registry error? I have a feeling that all of the programs that you have been running have caused a corruption. If nothing else solves it then another reinstall may be required and then after that with only Kaspersky running.

Regarding Kaspersky you may well be able to get a free update to the 2013 version.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Switch Turbo mode off on Tune Up Utilities you should find things work better with that off.

Like this post
habs2habs

Likes # 0

hi everyone

thank you all for every help i received from all of you.

nothing worked:

i uninstalled all the defrag software,but kept:

System mechanic:(this software have everything:defrag,registry fixer,optimizer etc...),CCleaner,advanced system care ultimate.

i run my pc in (safe mode):as mentioned with Woodchip reply,still nothing worked,my pc still so slow,and keeps freezing and crashing.

this is example what is happening:

i have external hard disks,when i go to windows explorer,i can see all my external hard disks,when i (right click) on the external hard disks,to rename file or folder,or back up my files to (cloud storage),i have some cloud storage software(mega,adrive,google drive,just cloud),my pc froze and the (rubbish blue circle) keeps turning and turning,i really have had enough from this (blue circle)kept turning and turning and i am really thinking to reformat and re-install my pc.

i don't want to do that,but if i have to fix this problem,i would do that.

i have acronis true image 2013,and i already full backup my pc with acronis,

-do you think if i use acronis to restore my pc will fix the problem?

i hope to really hear from you very soon.

thank you so much in advance

my kindest regards habs

Like this post
habs2habs

Likes # 0

hi everyone

thank you all for every help i received from all of you.

nothing worked:

i uninstalled all the defrag software,but kept:

System mechanic:(this software have everything:defrag,registry fixer,optimizer etc...),CCleaner,advanced system care ultimate.

i run my pc in (safe mode):as mentioned with Woodchip reply,still nothing worked,my pc still so slow,and keeps freezing and crashing.

this is example what is happening:

i have external hard disks,when i go to windows explorer,i can see all my external hard disks,when i (right click) on the external hard disks,to rename file or folder,or back up my files to (cloud storage),i have some cloud storage software(mega,adrive,google drive,just cloud),my pc froze and the (rubbish blue circle) keeps turning and turning,i really have had enough from this (blue circle)kept turning and turning and i am really thinking to reformat and re-install my pc.

i don't want to do that,but if i have to fix this problem,i would do that.

i have acronis true image 2013,and i already full backup my pc with acronis,

-do you think if i use acronis to restore my pc will fix the problem?

i hope to really hear from you very soon.

thank you so much in advance

my kindest regards habs

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

You appear to be paranoiac about redundancy and have installed many programs that duplicate each other.

The symptoms you describe fit the pattern of two active Anti Virus Programs.

You may even have tried to remove one, or other, by using the Windows, or CCleaner, Program Removal Tools. However, Anti Virus Programs are designed to resist such an attack and the only way to totally disable/remove them is to visit their Home Web Site and download an App that is specifically designed to do this task.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

You could also try Revo Uninstallor, but read the instructions first.

Revo Uninstallor free download from http://www.majorgeeks.com or http://www.filehippo.com

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Also Try starting with USB drives Disconnected, then try one at a time till you find the one that is slowing your PC down. You may have a corrupt Drive

Like this post
Terry Brown

Likes # 0

Download and run SIW.exe , go to the hardware section and look at :-

1. System Temperature
  2. Fan Speeds

The system temperature should be a MAX of 45 degree and the fans (especially the CPU fan) should run at 3000+ rpm, anything less than that and you system will overheat and as a safety measure the CPU will slow down to protect itself, causing the problems you state.

If this is the case, you may need to check the CPU heatsink (just below fan), as it may be full of dust, and lubricate or replace the fan.

If you are unsure about internal maintenance, I suggest you ask someone to assist you.

SIW.exe diagnostic tool

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Terry Brown - My fans run well under 2000 rpm and my temps are well down.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Top 5 Android tips and tricks for smartphones and tablets

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

BBC using Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games to trial 4K/UHD, pan-around video, augmented video and...