We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

please help,my pc is too slow

habs2habs

Likes # 0

hi everyone

please i need your help.

10 days ago,i formatted and re-install windows7,64bit.

install all the windows update including SP1,everything is up to date in windows update.

install all the programs(internet security,,updated all the software and the hardware,everything is up to date

the problem is my pc is too slow,i have a lot of programs included disk defragmenter,example; -system mechanic(used defragmentation,and fix the registry error, from this software) -system utilities(again used the defragmentation software), -smart defrag -deflagger -0&0 defragment

i used the CC cleaner to fix the registry error and clean my pc from the registry error

i used the defragmentation software once at a time.

example:if i have a folder and i want to (rename it),i right click on that folder,(Than),a blue circle come up and kept turning,and turning,for about 2 minutes,than i can rename the folder finally.

this blue circle getting on my nerve.i got so annoyed.

i went to window task manager,in process tab i saw (system idle process):description:percentage of time processor is idle,is using 95% from the processor.can i stop this (system idle process) by pressing end task.

please i am really getting fed up from this problem,honestly i am thinking to re-format the the hard drive,and re-install everything from scratch.

do you think this will solve the problem(i don't want to do that)

My pc spec:

intel quad core 4GB memory sapphire vapor-x 5770(up to date) windows update is up to date,including SP1

can you please help me make my pc a lot faster,and please how to do that?

i hope to hear from you very soon.

my kindest regards habs

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

Well, to start with you can get rid of all but one of you Defraggers, then have only one Anti Virus Program and one Firewall.

Keep CCleaner and something along the lines of Malwarebytes or Superantispyware.

I think that Security overload is your problem.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

If you can, name in order the protection and security programs you have installed on the computer.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

I should have added, 'maintenance' programs as well. You have already stated that you use CCleaner, are there any more, including defragger's.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

System Idle process should be showing about 97% and that is normal if nothing is running on the computer.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Maybe check Device manager and see if any yellow exclamation marks maybe some of the drivers needing updated.

Don't use the the 64Bit version of I/E use the 32Bit version and you can also run Compatibility view under Tools.

Like this post
Ian in Northampton

Likes # 0

Jock1e: I'm not sure Device Manager shows a yellow exclamation mark if it thinks a driver needs updating - only if it's missing, surely? And, in any event, an out of date driver wouldn't cause a system to run slow, would it?

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Ian in Northampton

You are right of course it just tells you the driver is missing or not working properly.

An unsigned driver will make your computer boot up a lot slower and run a lot slower as Microsoft keeps looking for updates for it.

Best think to do is go into services and disable automatic updates then scroll down to windows defender and disable that as well.See if disabling those 2 make it run any better.Windows updates could be switched back on the 2nd Tuesday of each month for important updates.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Don't have any of the programs you use only CleanUp one free AV Avast rest windows 4 Pc's that's two desktops one HP Notebook and a Samsung Netbook all running XP Home these are not new and I do not have your problem's

Like this post
habs2habs

Likes # 0

hi everyone

thank you all for all the help i received from you.

My pc keeps crashing,and freezing,with the (blue circle),keeps turning and turning.

I can't go to (device manager),because my pc keeps freezing and crashing,with the blue circle keeps turning.which doesn't allow me to go to device manager.

those are the program i have:

-only kaspersky internet security 2012. -advanced system care ultimate(i just found out this software has antivirus) -smart defrag -auslogic defrag -tuneup utilities 2012 - anti-malware -super antispyware -malwarebytes anti malware -ashampoo win optimizer 10 -IObit malware fighter -system mechanics

as i said before,i used one defrag software one at a time.

I went to (start,right click mouse my computer),than it froze and nothing happened,after waiting 20 minutes.

what do you think i can do please?

I hope to hear from you very soon My kindest regards habs

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

go into safe mode by tapping F8 as pc is booting. then in run type msconfig, go to startup tab and disable all, other than kaspersky then restart PC a box will pop-up tick the little box bottom left corner of the message then see how your PC starts Runs

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

Apple TV expert tips: get US Apple TV content, watch Google Play, use multiple Apple IDs and more