We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

E-mail spilt from 1 mail box 2 persons to 2 computers 1 for each person

Terry_l

Likes # 0

My wife and I have been using the same desk top computer on Windows XP Outlook Express. I then bought a lap top also with XP and Outlook Express. I deleted my name and e-mail address form the desk top and added those to the lap top. Now both computers will recieve and send e-mail but both recieve each others emails on both computers. How can I configure each computer to only recieve one of the two names?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Something is not right with the account settings. Is the user name in the settings terry@isp or just isp name?

Like this post
Terry_l

Likes # 0

Names and e-mail addresses are unique to each computer but the e-mail outgoing (SMTP) & incoming (POP3)are the same as is the account name and password for the server.

Terry_l

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I guess that you get all of the emails for both you and your wife through one account in OE. You should have 2 accounts - one each. The account names should be something like husband...@ and wife... @. Who is your ISP.

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

You should be able to go into Message Rules and create a filter. In this filter you should put in anything that you want excluding. For example the part of the e-mail address of your wife that is different from yours, and then vice-versa on the second pc. I had to do this in a Thunderbird account for a similar scenario. I do not know the version of Outlook Express that you are using but the attached may help.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons not to wait for the Apple Watch: Why you shouldn't buy the iWatch

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How Emotional Debt is damaging digital design

IDG UK Sites

iPhone buying advice: Should I buy an iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5s, or iPhone 5c, or wait for7......