We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

The Snippet application prints too large

jonem81

Likes # 0

I use snippet, but I find that the printer output is not user-friendly. Looking at block of text that I have captured, bears no resemblance to the finished output. It usually ends up too large, filling the whole page, when all I wanted was say, a 12 point output. Is there a method to control the finished product?

jonem81

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

Are you referring to the Windows Snipping Tool or is there another application called Snippet?

If it is the Windows Snipping Tool then the snip itself is captured as a graphics picture in one of several selectable formats. But being a picture if you try and print it from Windows then you can select the size of the picture in only a few different ways, one of which is full page. If you import the snip into a photo programme you may have more flexibility or you can import it as a picture into Word and then drag it to a size that suits you.

If you are indeed talking about a programme called Snippet then ignore the above as I can't help you.

Like this post
jonem81

Likes # 0

chub_tor

Sorry I could not reply earlier, and thank you. You are correct, I AM referring to the Windows Snipping Tool. Trust me to get the name wrong!

I will follow your good advice and I am sure that it will work!

jonem81

Like this post
Batch

Likes # 0

You might find MWSnap useful (see http://www.mirekw.com/winfreeware/mwsnap.html ) as an alternative to the Snipping Tool.

It does rectangular / square snips very well

It still works under Win7 (including 64 bit versions) [and I guess Win8], although I had to edit the registry to stop it asking me to confirm the language each time I launched it (I guess this was due to a UAC issue when I installed it).

Registry edit was in:

HCU\Software\MirWoj\MWSnap\Options where I had to change the Language key from "???" to "English.ini" (without the quotes)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Just graduated? Learn all you need to know to kickstart your career in our Creative Graduate Guide