We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

How to Fix Problems With SW Synth

Phoenix21

Likes # 0

I run Windows XP and use Incredimail. I have been having problems with SW Synth for a long time. It frequently resets itself to zero whilst I am using IM, and I have to have the Master Volume Control open the whole time so I can keep dragging the SW Synth marker up so I can hear the midis. As soon as I start another midi playing, back it goes to zero. The only way to stop this happening is to turn Incredimail off and then go back into it, but this only works for a short time. I have also tried doing restarts and restores, all to no avail.

Does anyone know what causes this, and is there any way to permanently prevent it happening?

Like this post
Phoenix21

Likes # 0

Further to my query regarding SW Synth, does anyone know if it is possible to download an alternative "Master Volume" control, or is it part of Windows XP? Also, does it have a driver and could this be causing the problem? Any suggestions will be most gratefully accepted!

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

You could try updating your Audio driver, or if you have a Sound Card fitted update that items' driver. Another thing is to update your Direct X software.

Update Direct X

Update Sound Drivers XP

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia Lumia 930 review: The flagship Windows Phone 8.1 smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Live Blog: Apple financial results, record June quarter, 35.2m iPhones sold, $37.4b revenue

IDG UK Sites

Welcome to the upgrade cycle - you'll never leave

IDG UK Sites

Why smartphone screens are getting bigger