We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Sharing hotel Wifi on holiday.

bda72

Likes # 0

I am going back to the same place we stayed in Mexico last year, the wifi is over £40 for 2 weeks access but that is per device. My laptop has been replaced by a tablet for when we go on holiday so I thought I would just use my phone to connect as the main reason is to stay in contact with work and the Samsung S3 works well with skype. The tech that will be coming with us are 2 smart phones, 2 tablets and a kindle. Is it possible for me to pay for my S3 to have wifi then share the connection with the other devices? All smart phones and tablets are running android so the kindle is the odd one out.

Cheers.

Barry.

Like this post
bda72

Likes # 0

Thanks for the heads up on that but in our case I doubt this would be an issue apart from holiday pics which I may not upload. I used netflix and youtube quite a bit last year with no issues. Jo will hardly use the Internet on holiday, I just wanted to give her the option. The main reason for sharing is so I can use the phone for skype then the tablet to browse online.

Cheers.

Barry.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Windows 9 beta leaked ahead of 30 September unveiling

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

How a London VFX studio is ditching desktop workstations for cloud-based creative power

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 tips & tricks: Get to know iOS 8's handy new features