We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Epson SX415 Printing Problems

Joe G

Likes # 0

Hi all

I have a approx 2 year old Epson SX415 (not heavily used) and after a recent cartridge change the black ink has stopped printing. I have cleaned the heads several times and changes the cartridge but no luck - the other cartridges are printing ok - any ideas of the cause and a solution?

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

If the other cartridges are printing okay, then its most likely not a waste ink tank problem.

Are the cartridges Epson or compatibles, and from the same supplier?.

You say "not heavily used". Does this mean that the printer is perhaps not used on a daily or weekly basis, but just shut-down and left?.

You could try http://www.fixyourownprinter.com for a possible solution.

Like this post
Joe G

Likes # 0

Thanks - my old printer died from a full waste ink tank - I tried taking it apart and cleaning it out but never got it to work again!

The cartridges are ASDA compatibles - I had used other compatibles previously but had lots of problems with those so went over to more expensive ASDA ones which up until now have been much better. It is used intermittently so some weeks it can be used almost every day but at other times maybe only nce a fortnight or so

Will check out the link - thanks again

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

When you say that you have cleaned the heads several times, do you do this manually or use the Epson to clean the heads

If you do it manually, how do you do this, using what?.

You might find this useful http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/How-to-Unclog-Epson-Print-Heads/178/1 (4 pages)

Like this post
Joe G

Likes # 0

I just use the head cleaning utility on the Epson - not manually

Like this post
Joe G

Likes # 0

Thanks for the link - looks like a major task and easy to get wrong when putting back together again!

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Dried ink the jets for black. this most likely by using different inks and they have been different. you should stick to one type and if changing you should use a cleaning cart to flush out all jets before fitting different types

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

PS check Vent hole on Black cart is clear, if air cannot get in, ink cannot get out

Like this post
mart7

Likes # 0

Glad i dont have an epson hp for me zero problems using compatibles and zero downtime cleaning the heads

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

It can happen to any Inkjet Printer

Like this post
mart7

Likes # 0

Mainly canon,lexmark and epson, because the heads built into the printer,hps print heads built into the cartridge thus your buying a new print head In the time ive had hp its not been a problem for me and that must be over 10 years,3 hp printers Not saying it doesnt happen ,just saying ive had all those printers and the hp is the only one ive never had to run a clean cycle like i had the canon

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Chromecast deals aplenty as gadget turns one: Discounts and free music streaming

IDG UK Sites

Apple updates MacBook Pro line-up: Price cuts & spec boosts for 6 MacBook Pro models

IDG UK Sites

Introducing generation tech

IDG UK Sites

5 ways drones are being used for good