We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Google Earth graphics problems

FreMar

Likes # 0

O/S: Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 3. 2.93 gigahertz Intel Pentium 416 kilobyte primary memory cache, 1024 kilobyte secondary memory cache. Intel 82915G/82910GL Express Chipset Family 915/910G graphics card.

I’m having problems with the free version Google Earth graphics. The program worked perfectly ok a few days ago. I have followed all the support help guides; have done a restore to when it last worked ok, have done a complete uninstall and reinstall, checked both the DirectX files and my graphics card for updates, but it still won’t work correctly.

If I open it in OpenGL mode I get a black globe with only a black and white map like aerial view terrain, and it is difficult to pin point the area I want, but the ground level graphics are perfectly ok. If I open in DirectX mode, the globe and aerial view are in colour, and I can see the area I want to zoom into ok, as they should be, but then the ground level graphics have annoying flashing grey squares that move about at random over the chosen view. Is there anything more I can try? I am not having problems with any other program graphics other than this one.

Like this post
Ex plorer

Likes # 0

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

I have had the same problem in the last few days, as has a close friend of mine, so I think it might be possible that GE has some sort of problem itself!

I cured mine by completely un-installing GE using Revo uninstaller, and then re-downloaded and re-installed GE. Seems to be working fine at the moment.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

PS - my friend is using XP, I am using Win7!

Like this post
Ex plorer

Likes # 0

Try this also Goggled your problem and there are a few answers out there you may find use full.

Like this post
FreMar

Likes # 0

Thanks to all for the advice. I have unistalled several times using Revo Unistaller, and then reinstalled again each time, but got the same problems. I even tried an install from an older version setup that I had saved in a folder on my desktop, but that gave all the same problems. I assume that version updated automatically when I next connected to the net. Maybe GE will right its self eventually??.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Just tried my GE - NOT working again! I am going to uninstall it and just rely on my Samsung Galaxy S3.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple shouldn't be blamed for exploitation in China and Indonesia