We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Google Chrome and Yahoo Search?.

spuds
Resolved

Likes # 0

I have noticed recently that when I use Google Chrome it seems to 'default' to a Yahoo search. I then need to retype into the browser box the website destination, before it eventually finds the website.

Is this normal, or should I be looking for a possible easy solution?.

Like this post
nickf

Likes # 0

I use IE10 now Spuds , I seem to get far less issues . Only times I use Chrome is when I want to use Abine`s Mask me .

Like this post
Ian in Northampton

Likes # 0

Spuds: it looks as if somehow Yahoo has set itself as your default search engine. Go to the 'customise' button top right, click on 'settings' and go to 'search'. That will enable you to set a new default search engine.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

nickf- I am using XP on my main two computer's, and IE10 appears to be more for Vista and above, so I use IE8. For some reason, the PCA website doesn't like IE8, so I use Google Chrome. Mozilla Firefox for other websites.

IaN - Looked at the customise, and now made Google as default, so I will see what happens later on restart.

Thanks guys ,all your help and suggestion are much appreciated.

Will tick as resolved, but please add further if there are any other suggestions or possible advice.

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia Lumia 930 review: The flagship Windows Phone 8.1 smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Live Blog: Apple financial results, record June quarter, 35.2m iPhones sold, $37.4b revenue

IDG UK Sites

Welcome to the upgrade cycle - you'll never leave

IDG UK Sites

Why smartphone screens are getting bigger